John Gray over at Going Gently mentioned recently leaving work after an especially difficult night, and the Doctor who had been in charge overnight saying, " I will be so grateful to feel the sun on my face in the morning." For me it is often the morning air, I frequently leave for the office before sunrise. It was a great reminder how wonderful it is to have another day to enjoy.
We all face challenges in our lives. We will all die someday. But while we are here, we have the joy of each day. To make the most of it, I have to remind myself from time to time.
Each day is a new opportunity,
- The ghosts of the past only control today, if I let them.
- The fears of the future, are fears of things that most likely will not happen.
- I can plan for the future, but I can not control it.
- Every dawn, is a chance to start anew.
- About 6,800 people died in the USA yesterday, I was not one of them, I am one of the lucky ones.
- Everyday I can be happy, have fun and brighten the day of another person.
- Happiness is a choice, an attitude I can chose to have.
- I am fortunate to have the resources and opportunities that I have.
- I could live a good and meaningful life with less than I have.
- Life is short, use the good stuff today, you can't take it with you.
- Forgiving is something we do for ourselves, helping the other person is incidental and beyond my control.
- I can give respect, but receiving respect is beyond my control.
What are you grateful for today?
the fact that I just woke up ready to kick ass (after a cuppa coffee, of course)!ReplyDelete
Your very words.ReplyDelete
Lots, but I will list good food and cheer with The Lovely Neighbor, who came to supper and a chinwag.ReplyDelete
i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete