Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What Have I Been Reading 2nd Edition



I have finished reading an imperfect book about being an imperfectionist.  How to Be an Imperfectionist: The New Way to Self‑Acceptance, Fearless ... by Stephen Guise is a bit of a chore.  I should have known when the introduction warns the reader that book moves a bit slow through a lot of steps, and the in the last chapter supposedly tells you how to tie it all together and put it to use, then in the last chapter reiterates that it has been a long haul to get there. There are a few good nuggets hidden in the book, but unless you are moribund by perfectionism, I would not recommend wading your way through to get to the point of the book.  I paid for it, so I finished it.  I think it could have been half the length and better made it's point (kind of like a lot of my blog posts.)   

I have read a couple of really good popular psychology / self help books recently, Get Off Your "But": How to End Self-Sabotage and Stand Up for Yourself, by Sean Stephenson, and The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good ... by Mark Manson - I would recommend both. Those successes left me open to Kindle's suggestions, and along came this imperfect book. I have a couple more books of this type on my Kindle, I will let you know what I think.  I just started Americas Best Food Writing - and anthology. So far so good - tasty even.    

2 comments:

  1. Eek! Don't eat the Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the bird was having one of his anarchist spells...

    ReplyDelete