Friday, April 29, 2022

Fabulous Friday - Public Art


The City of Alexandria Virginia, redid the waterfront at the end of King Street (main street - high street.) This was a long involved process including moving the yacht club.  The new space has expanded public access and a larger park, including a public arts space that hosts rotating exhibits.  The current one is fabulous, I Love You, with lots of light and bright.  The previous exhibit was a bunch of knee hight posts, representative of the pilings for piers along the waterfront, it was not as fabulous.  I need to get down there at night, it lights up. 

14 comments:

  1. I love the public art exhibit with that I Love You sign in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/29/2022

    What a nice emotion in the sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to come up with a joke on emotional signs, signs of emotion

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great new space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the best display there so far

      Delete
  4. What a terrific photo of you two lovebirds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect place for the two of you to pose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear. I read that as Pubic Art, and then up popped your sweet little faces!
    I need a drink, stat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the city would allow that, liberal but not that liberal

      Delete
  7. I hear Jay lights up at night as well.

    ReplyDelete