Saturday, September 05, 2020

Holding It All Together - more or less


 Somehow the light post, held up a ropes tied off to two small trees seems to represent this year (if you look carefully there is a second rope running off the a tree farther away.). We are holding it together, somewhat.  

The Indianapolis 500 was two weeks ago, the Kentucky Derby is this weekend, and the Tour de France started last weekend.  Two of those should have been in May, the Tour is not in July for the first time in 117 years.  Under the conditions these events are being held, they could have been held when scheduled, Indy ran with no fans in the stands, The Derby will run with a limited crowd, as is the Tour.  

I have grown used to working from home, but I miss travel and conferences.  This will be the first year in more than a decade when I will have spent fewer than 30 nights in hotels, currently 18 nights - I am undecided on attending a wedding in October that might get me to 21 nights. I miss eating out.  I don't really miss the mall, doubt that I will ever go back.  Amazon is my go to for shopping.  

I am convinced that I will vote in the upcoming election, but will likely do that as an early voter.  

I have a weird enough personality, that the isolation has not bothered me, but it would have been fun to see a few more friends and family this year.  

Are you holding it together?  

15 comments:

  1. Hell...it cant get worst....I lost it years ago toots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all know what you lost years ago :)

      Delete
  2. personally, I would not go to the wedding. and I can't remember the last time I went to a mall. restaurant take-out will do me for now. and I am trying to keep it together 99% of the time. it's just that 1%...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was written in one of those moments.

      Delete
  3. Am I holding it together? Hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/05/2020

    Barely holding lock down together. See Monday's post. What a waste of a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to believe it is September

      Delete
  5. I'm kind of enjoying it, though we did go out to dinner last night, just the two of us, and that was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have adjusted well to working at home.

      Delete
  6. Yes, so far I'm holding things together pretty well. I do miss shopping. Not to buy things but just to look around. And of course I miss museums. Because of the heat in AZ, I used to spend a lot of times in the various museums over the summer. So far only one has opened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in need of some retail therapy

      Delete
  7. Yes, holding it together very well, thank you. Thank the Goddess I'm retired and an introvert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mostly. I do miss the Saturday night showtime bar night and all the usual outings were canceled but there will be other years I can be patient meanwhile I am getting a lot of reading and projects done. it is enough.

    ReplyDelete