Tuesday, October 18, 2016

What Do You Want to See?


Sometimes a trip is planned around an adventure I have decided I must experience, sometimes the trip is planned and then I look for the adventures to fit into the trip.  

Back in 2008 I was watching one the great train rides of the world shows, probably on a public television fund raiser, and saw the White Pass and Yukon Railway and I was hooked. I had to go and experience the ride.  

Skagway, Alaska is not an easy place to get to, in fact the easiest way to get there is by cruise ship.  When I searched for an inside passage cruise, the one requirement was that the itinerary had to offer a good opportunity to ride the train.  

On the other hand, we decided to go to Germany, and then went looking for things to do while we were there.  That was when I found the Zeppelin rides.  I was so glad that I was able to fit the ride into the trip, it was too late to fit the trip around the ride.  

What adventure have you planned a trip around? 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to take the trans-canada railway and cruise the mississippi on a riverboat.

    ReplyDelete