Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Wednesday Ws: Where Am I Edition

Where am I? If all has gone to plan, on a flight returning home. 

What have I been up to?  Relaxing, eating, touring, visiting Mitchell and SG, seeing places I have never seen before. 

Who have I seen? My sweet bear,  Mitchell and SG and a whole lot of people in Spain. 

What have I been eating?  Anything and everything that caught my eye. Lots and lots of pork products.  

What have I been drinking?  Spanish reds, I allow myself a glass of wine or a beer at lunch when I am traveling and not driving. Mitchell tried to teach me the words to order a small beer, but it comes coming out as uno, cervazza grande por favor. Seems to work.  

What have we seen? Several museums, lots of narrow side streets, the Med, a few shops, lot of history. 

What is my first thought? We stayed 7 nights in the same hotel it became home, the center of our world.  Most of what we saw and did was within a mile of the hotel, we live most of our lives within a limited distance from home.  In this case we were walking, so most of what we got to know was within a 20 minute walk of the hotel.  Really the area within a 10 minute walk was what we saw most of.  For me it is good to have a new neighborhood, this one was filled with wonderful shops and places to eat and drink. I was surprised by how fast I had new favorites, and places I didn't care to return to.  

What about the posts over the last 12 days?  Some of them were drafted in mid November, edited a little along the way. Several were replaced, rescheduled as I found blogging while going along to be great fun.  The best of the photos, are on the Nikon, and not accessible when I am traveling, they will appear over the next few months. There are about 1,400 of them. 

What next? Back to work, I have a board meeting on Friday. Many posts to follow about where we have been, what we have seen and done.  

What makes this possible? Frequent flyer miles from years of work travel and airline credit cards, cheaper off-season hotels, and a personal priority of going and seeing what we can, while we can.  We have enough miles for a couple more trips, and I have an active work travel season coming up.  

Why Spain? We had not been there, we wanted to see Mitchell, and decent seats were available for Frequent Flyer miles. 

What luck did I have?  An empty row on the overnight flight and I was able to fold up the armrests, and stretch out.

Welcome home, I guess that is the next W for this week. 

The last W, What is standing in your way?
 


16 comments:

  1. Your much better than I am posting far in advance, knowing you'll be on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had everything set on auto pilot, then I meddled and replaced and updated.

      Delete
  2. Small beer uses the word grande. Puzzling.
    I think what you call Frequent Flyer Miles, we use the phrase Frequent Flyer Points. Ours seem to expire in a couple of years if not used and it can be terribly difficult to use them at times.
    It sounds like you had a great time. We would not walk far now, but happily use public transport. Even that can require some effort and energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep the frequent flyer miles current by traveling, and with the airline credit cards they usually do not expire.

      Delete
  3. It was so good to spend time with you and J. Looking forward to seeing your photo memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great seeing you and meeting SG, and the cats.

      Delete
  4. There are few things more wonderful than getting an row with one empty seat so Carlos and I can stretch out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the return flight we had an empty seat between us

      Delete
  5. I look forward to seeing your 1400 photos from Spain, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time. Safe travels on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so admire your planning ahead with your posts. Right now I'm going by the seat of my pants and it gets crazy at times! I'm working on a plan of organization for the new year. Can't wait to see your photos from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel takes a little extra prep

      Delete