Travel and I visiting the Ale-Hop cow in Malaga, thanks to Mitchell for the photo.
It is time for my annual review of goals. A year ago I set the following:
Goals for 2022
- Read 50 books - it looks like 48 finished this year, the list posts tomorrow.
- Blog daily - accomplished
- Try to remodel / replace the kitchen - accomplished
- Reach out to at least 2 friends per month - accomplished
- Ten Hotel Nights, - smashed it with 34 nights
- Get back to walking 45 minutes or more, 5 or more times per week. - Failed, more like 2 days per week. I can make excuses, but excuses are like assholes, we all have one and most of them smell.
- Tell my sweet bear I love him, at least twice a day - accomplished
- Pause at least once per day, to think about what is making me happy today - probably 75% accomplished - a few tough days this year when I failed to follow my own advice.
There were a couple of these I didn't think I would make, we struggled with the kitchen to find a contractor and get appliances but in the end we made it. I doubted the travel goal, then we just started going - work travel and personal travel. I have travel plans and dreams for 2023 if public health holds.
Goals for 2023:
- Read 50 books, this is becoming a standard for me.
- 30 hotel nights.
- At least 6 time zones, maybe 12.
- Walk 45 minutes at least 3 times a week.
- Blog Daily - it is a habit - an addiction.
- Tell my sweet bear I love him, at least twice a day.
- Meet at least two bloggers in person (I have this planned, unless something changes our plans.)
- Clean my closet out.
- Spend a couple of hours a week taking photographs.
- Finalize retirement plans.
We will see this time next year how I do.
I bet the final one if applied to 2024 won't be 'Find gainful employment'.ReplyDelete
I am trying to determine if I really want to stop working, I certainly want more flexibility it is almost impossible for me to take more than 12 days off.Delete
Some great goals, but the best (in my mind) is finalize retirement plans.ReplyDelete
Medicare kicks in this AugustDelete
How fortunate for WH you have that goal going! He's a fortunate fellow to have you.ReplyDelete
He puts up with me well.Delete
Oh, I say, you have a thing for cows now I see? How will the sheep and penguins feel about that?ReplyDelete
But I know where that was taken!!!!
Inanimate animals in general, get out attention. The cows change their headgear with the weather.Delete
You accomplished an impressive number of your 2022 goals! Love that photo of you with the festive Ale-Hop cow!ReplyDelete
And Travel is there on top of cow.Delete
It's impressive what you got done in 2022. 2023 should be a snap.ReplyDelete
I am slogging through a work related book, then I have some fun reads, well and a couple of work reads in the stack.Delete
I actual enjoy blogging.ReplyDelete
Coffee is on and stay safe