Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunday Five - Explain to me


The museum guide was trying to explain a Jackson Pollock painting.  

1: What is meaning of life? 
2: Why does anyone defend Donald Trump? 
3: When will we know we are old? 
4: Why can't we all just get along? 
5: Does any of this really matter? 

My answers (because I wouldn't ask you do anything I wouldn't do.) 
1: What is meaning of life?  42- according to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  
2: Why does anyone defend Donald Trump? Moral bankruptcy 
3: When will we know we are old?  Some days I know the answer, other days I wonder if I will ever grow up (like being a grown up is a good thing.) 
4: Why can't we all just get along?  Our personal fears, lead us to distrust others who are different than us, and some people are just simply evil. 
5: Does any of this really matter? Only to us dears, only to us.  

Please share your thoughtful or creative answers in the comments. 

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/27/2019

    1. To continue our species.
    2. Why would anyone defend the indefensible, but they do.
    3. I guess time will tell.
    4. Hate is a human emotion. We will never all get along.
    5. Not in the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: who the hell knows

    2: because they are just as stupid/immoral/unfit/degenerate deplorables as their master

    3: age 85, according to my late maternal grandmother

    4: if we were all the same, that would happen. however, we are all different and disagreements are part of the bargain

    5: nope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But while we are here, we might as well dance.

      Delete
  3. 1. The purpose of life, as far as I can tell, is to find a mode of being that make meaningful the fact life is suffering no longer relevant.
    2. Because to Not do so is to admit wrong/error which is too painful for them to do.
    3. when we start sensing nostalgia.
    4. Because we are primates and with the ability to define belief systems - bad combination this.
    5. See my answer in #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning to consciously examine by beliefs, has changed me

      Delete
  4. 1: What is meaning of life? Ha! All I can think to say is what Mr. Natural said around 1969: “Mr. Natural, what is the meaning of life?” “Don’t mean shit.”
    2: Why does anyone defend Donald Trump? Don’t get me started.
    3: When will we know we are old? I hope not until right before I die. A long time from now.
    4: Why can't we all just get along? Argh
    5: Does any of this really matter? Probably not

    ReplyDelete