Saturday, January 03, 2015

Friends,and food



Jay in VA, was Jay in DC for a weekend. Easily enough, staying in a hotel near my office.  It is always fun to connect with friends, increasingly our friends are virtual, existing online only, kind of like the imaginary friends some-people had when they were children (and hopefully quit happening as adults.) I love that I have met so many wonderful people online - people I never would have gotten to know in person. But it is even better to put real people with the virtual existence.  If you are in DC, let me know and I will try to say Hi!  If I am in your town, I will try to let you know I am nearby.

We had breakfast at a very nice hotel in DC.  The food was good, the company better.  Interesting how friends and food go together.

6 comments:

  1. "I love that I have met so many wonderful people online - people I never would have gotten to know in person. But it is even better to put real people with the virtual existence." - this is how I feel about my boyfriends. never in a million years would I have crossed paths with them in real life. yet thru the internet I found them and they found me and we were charmed by each other.

    how nice that you and jay were able to get together! (jealous)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food and good cheer with chums: I can think of nothing better in life than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,
    Pat and I plan to be in D.C. this spring,, April 8th. We're taking a tour bus from the Delaware Technical College (the "Old People's Express" as I call it). We'll have to do lunch. See if you can get Jay to join us. April 8th, when the cherry blossoms are in bloom (I hope).
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello David, I'm So glad you got a meet-up with Jay. He is a terrific host. As I got to stay with him before and after the Lewes bloggerfest! And it was great to spend some time that Saturday night with you and the two Jays. LOL. Randy in NEB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?....no Bloody Marys?lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great fun! Thanks so much for connecting!

    And no, Sluggy, I had to be alert to video the wedding, and Penguin was driving! HAHAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete