Friday, August 11, 2017

What's in Your Wallet?


You can tell a lot about what people value, by looking at what they keep in their wallet.  My father kept this picture in his wallet from the early 1960's to the end of his life.  This is the last airplane he owned.  It is a 1948 Fairchild model 24.  He and a friend bought it in the early 1960's and rebuilt it.  He flew it from early 1962 to early 1964 when it was sold.  According the FAA records, it was last registered in 2013, and the plane was subsequently sold to someone in Connecticut. 

One of my earliest memories, is my father recovering the wings of this plane, in our garage.  The smell of lacquer paint, brings back a memory of me scooting under the wings and getting sticky stuff in my hair.  I remember flying to St Helen, Michigan in this plane to visit my grandparents on my mother's side one summer.   

I hope the new owners hold it as dear to their hearts as my father did.  

What's in your wallet? 

1 comment:

  1. not much as it turns out. two credit cards and a few singles.
    There is my drivers license and the health insurance card.
    And a receipt from Einstein brothers; that can be tossed.

    ReplyDelete