Monday, September 01, 2014

Weekend Report

I have been quiet this weekend.  Some weird bug. I came home early on Friday and have slept and slept and not eaten much.  Interesting digestive adventures that I won't go into.  I am back eating a little and I think I will survive. 

Good week at the office.  I found a student intern.  I had lost her. I had interviewed her in March,  by video from home on a snow day and agreed she would spend the fall semester with us.  When I got back to the office I lost her resume.  In May when I tried to confirmed fall interns I couldn't find her.  And her classmate backed out.  She emailed me,  so I guess she found me. We pushed the paperwork through.  She starts Tuesday. 

I am making progress on planning a teaching trip to Hawaii next winter.  Two tickets to paradise and someone is going to pay me to do this.  And it is work I love doing.

The little conference I have been working on for the past few months,  SOLD OUT the venue on Friday,  six weeks before the program date.  I was worried that we would not sell enough seats to break even - blew that out of the water. 

5 comments:

  1. hawaii in winter? GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you go when on vacation?
    Just wondering?

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, the picture was on the Shenandoah Ridge here in Virginia. Over two trips we drove the Blue Ridge Mountains from North Carolina to Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/03/2014

    Beautiful picture! I love it up there!

    Glad the event sold out! And six weeks out, that's awesome!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great place to find fabric!

    ReplyDelete