I’ve had an interesting journey, and I look forward to many more travels. One day I will do a list of some of the unique experiences I have enjoyed in my travels. But today, I am going to try a To-Do list, a list of things I want to do while I am still traveling this world.
- Fly in a blimp. I have flown in a lot of aircraft, blimps fascinate me.
- Ride in a hot-air balloon. The drift must be almost magical, if I can overcome the lack of control.
- Live in a foreign country for 2-3 months. I can’t think of a better way to understand another culture than to spend weeks as a local. This one will likely have to wait until I don’t need to go to office everyday.
- Take a long distance, overnight train trip. I have ridden from DC to Boston, but that is a day trip, I want to watch the sun set and rise over the backyards of America.
- Cross the Atlantic by ship. My grandmother did it a couple of times back in the days of coal and steam. I hate overnight flights, going east bound by ship would avoid the sleepless night.
- Visit the last five states. I have yet to visit Wisconsin, Oregon (I’ll hit this one in May) Idaho, Wyoming and Hawaii.
- Cross the equator. There is not a lot south of the equator on my “must see list” but crossing the equator is a travel milestone.
- Ride in a business jet. I passed up an opportunity to ride in a Lear loaded with boat parts 35 years ago from Florida to Arizona and back, few regrets - that is one.