Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Memory Hat


I have a few collections, penguins, sheep, pennies, and hat pins.  It started innocently enough in the gift shop at Westminster Abbey looking for easy souvenirs, the hat pins were one-pound each and I bought a dozen. That was in 1990.  When I was done handing them out I had a couple left and stuck them on a hat.  The next time I traveled, I picked up a couple more from places I visited.  24  years and a couple of hats later there are over 120 pins on the hat, mementos of places I have been and things that I have done.  There are  a few I that I don't remember where they came from.  But most of them trigger memories and stories. If you want to hear about my journeys, ask me about the pins on my hat.  

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/26/2014

    That's a very cool hat. I prefer the smaller, less expensive souvenirs, too. Last trip to England, I think I spent less than £100 on "stuff", and £78 went to a rugby jersey I fell in love with. That's a rare treat. Usually, I take a gazillion pictures.

    I like that you can tell your stories from the pins. That's neat.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. spouse and I collect shot glasses on our travels. inexpensive reminders of fun trips taken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way of remembering and a terrific conversation piece as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed this is an excellent thing; I wish I had thought of this when I started traveling.

    ReplyDelete