Saturday, December 07, 2019

Pike Place Market

One of the highlights of last summer's visit to Seattle was visiting the Pike Place Market. I love that type of fresh farm/city market.  One of my all time favorites is in Florence Italy.  They always make me wish I had a kitchen nearby.  One of my goals in retirement is to rent a furnished apartment in Florence for a month, and shop there everyday, Seattle would be fun to do the same, and Paris, and London, and well you get the idea. 

Where would you like to live like a local for a month? 

14 comments:

  1. pike place IS a cool market. me, I would stay right here in philly; we have plenty to see/do, and reading terminal market (https://readingterminalmarket.org).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading is a must see in Philly

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12/07/2019

    Where Freddie Mercury lived, Montreux.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had lunch in Switzerland once. The delivery officer at the Mercedes factory talked my out of driving across the corner of Switzerland.

      Delete
  3. Seattle, Florence, Bergen (Norway), Palermo, Madrid, Barcelona, London, Athens, Prague, Paris, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver BC, Tokyo... How many months do I have left?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm easy (but let's leave my personal life out of this), I'd head straight back to Hawaii. I'm not an adventurous soul, but I do love Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any place in the British Isles--in a city or village. If I were hale and hearty, I would move there if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother was still technically an English subject, when I was born, but I don't think that gets me far.

      Delete
  6. yes that would be fun. I would want to live it up though and not scrimp

    ReplyDelete