Friday, December 20, 2019

If I Won the Lottery

If I won the lottery, and had more money than I could need in a lifetime, I'd buy a condo with a view of Washington DC, there are a couple of buildings in Arlington, near the airport, with spectacular views and the added bonus on planes flying by.  And I would buy a farm someplace.  I'd have to employ a farm-boy or two, or three.  Immagine the fun I'd have interviewing and selecting the farmhands!  I'd like a flock of sheep, and a kitchen garden.  Fruit trees, and raspberries, blueberries and strawberries.  I'd want a large kitchen on the farm.  I'd like a nice smoker for meats and sausages.  A flock of chickens would be nice.  

It helps to have a plan, to have a dream. 

This one is unlikely, I don't often buy lottery tickets, I don't like the disappointment of losing, if you don't play, you don't fail.  And besides I have a good life - would I really want the burden of more? 

Would you really want to burden of more? 

14 comments:

  1. No not really. If I too won the lottery I would keep my life the same, and still stay in a small bungalow house and get a couple more dogs, a goat, a sheep and a few peacocks . The only other thing I would do is get a small beach house in Rehoboth Beach, help my various animals charities out hugely, and quit my job to travel...a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/20/2019

    I think it would be difficult to get your head around hiring three farm boys. I make a genuine offer to assist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would think it strange when we ask for recent photos with the applications?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12/21/2019

      Well, they need to look strong for hard farm work.

      Delete
  3. nope, I am content with what I have. if I won the lottery I would travel more and perhaps byt a condo in the city proper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a bit more traveling I would like to do,

      Delete
  4. We’ve had and we haven’t had and then we’ve had again, etc. We were no happier with than without. I’d simply like to win enough to never have to worry about money. But I wonder what that amount would need to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how much, I can always want to spend more. I read Elton John's recent biography, he talks about the sometimes burdens (though he has also enjoyed a fun time.)

      Delete
  5. I want just enough to pay off my house and get a pool with a built in pool boy. Not having to deal with medical expenses once BH retires would be nice too. Did I mention that I am content?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan, you are blooming where you are planted.

      Delete
    2. "Blooming where you are planted", I like that!

      Delete
  6. It's a burden I could bear, yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes balance to have more, and not have it overwhelm your life.

      Delete