Thursday, December 19, 2019

Find Someplace Comfy and Watch the World for 5-minutes

The world rushes by, at an ever increasing pace.  There is an endless stream of things that need to be done, a million things competing for our time and attention.  We are constantly bombarded connected and entertained.  

Most of us are exhausted by it.  

My suggestion, this holiday season, is find a comfortable place to perch, put your phone away, tell the world you need a minute, and just sit and watch the world go by for 5-minutes, or 50 minutes, or 5 hours.  


10 comments:

  1. I often do this....does a world of good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where was this picture taken?

    nothing better than to be awake at 2a and hear nothing but silence, and an occasional car pass by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If memory serves me correctly, the photo was taken in a park on a hilltop in San Diego.

      Delete
  3. Yes!
    That's what I'm planning on doing!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! I am trying to arrange things to take 10 days off.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, now if I can only follow it

      Delete
  5. Anonymous12/20/2019

    I don't have time, well I say that because I am a bit behind with matters of the internet, desktop, tablet and phone. I shouldn't be as it is too hot to be outside but I guess I had my priorities wrong. Chatting to the hot gypsy lad on the net, who is probably some old German, shouldn't have been a priority. We had a relaxed brunch out early this morning before it became too hot, so we do take time out to just sit at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not turn my phone one for a few days, I need a day away

      Delete