Monday, December 09, 2019

Out of Murals


As I feared, I have run out of murals, for Mural Mondays.  I guess I don't spend enough time in the urban neighborhoods.  I went through them faster then I was finding them.  I live in the edge of this major world capital city, but I see a very narrow slice of it on a day to day basis.  

So here we are with a big fan.  This is a historic reenactor at  Mt. Vernon.  If you are going to be in the DC area before the end of 2019 and want to go to Mt Vernon, let me know.  I have two guest passes that expire the end of the year.  They come as part of a membership package I buy each year.  Free to the first person who asks.    

Do you maintain a "membership" in any historic or artistic venues in your area?   

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/09/2019

    Oh my, what a nice fan you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Better to Fan you With

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There are some nice museums in your neck of the woods.

      Delete
  3. I would imagine murals are a hard theme to keep up on, but I will love them whenever you find them. We currently have no memberships other than the local "biopark" (zoo). I should do more; that would encourage me to visit places more regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should go to the Zoo one day.

      Delete
  4. Just Costco. We had annual membership with the San Diego Zoo for several years as the kids were growing up. Money well spent. You know, that lady holding the fan may be named Muriel. Close enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a Costco near us, that is famous for DC Politicos and Celebrities shopping, I should join.

      Delete
  5. Occasionally, in a fit of enthusiasm, we will buy an annual pass to a museum or art gallery but we always find we don't visit enough during the year to make the cost of the pass worthwhile. There's just so many other things to see and do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I lived in Orlando it was Leu Gardens and Disney, in Lexington I found it harder, I tried Shaker Village a couple of years, but it was 30 miles away and I seldom visited. Here it is Mt Vernon and we just added the Kennedy Center - that gets us access to better tickets and some modest discounts.

      Delete