Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday Five - Oysters - what else

One of the joys of travel is local foods.  There some things like oysters that are best when fresh and local.  Some things travel well, others never make it far from home.  

1: Do you like raw oysters? 
2: How about fried oysters? 
3: Would you order raw oysters in Kansas City? 
4: What should I do with the string of pearls I found in mom and dad's safe? 
5: Why don't men wear pearls? 

My Answers: 
1: Do you like raw oysters? Yes, I think Pacific coast oysters have more flavor and the colder water is safer. 
2: How about fried oysters? Yes, if they are freshly shucked before cooking.  
3: Would you order raw oysters in Kansas City? No, not unless I was on the same plane directly from San Francisco with the oysters on ice for the trip. 
4: What should I do with the string of pearls I found in mom and dad's safe? I loaned them to one of the penguins in my bathroom, he seems bored with them.  
5: Why don't men wear pearls? Some do my dears, some do, more should.  

Your answers in the comments please, 

11 comments:

  1. i don't like oysters, yuck, have no desire to visit kanas city and my mistress does wear a pearl necklace, and he's a man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to Kansas City - someone paid me to go there.

      Delete
  2. 1: no

    2: no

    3: no; I'd order a slab o ribs!

    4: gift them to your sister? put them on another penguin? put them on a sheep?

    5: some men do; I bet mistress maddie has several strands. I have a strand my ex-husband gave me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of a special someone, when I wrote that last line. There is a sheep they would fit?

      Delete
  3. 1. No, blurrrgh!
    2. See #1
    3. I wouldn't order raw fish of any kind, anywhere!
    4. Ask a jeweler.
    5. Conversely, why do women wear them? I don't find them particularly attractive or very interesting. Diamonds either. Colorful junk jewelery, that's how I roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My major was biology with a special interest in parasites. I do not eat raw anything.
    As for fried oysters, only at Howard Johnsons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are full of creepy crawlies

      Delete
  5. 1: Do you like raw oysters? Blech! Yuk! Ick! Poo! Um, no I don't actually.
    2: How about fried oysters? Yes.
    3: Would you order raw oysters in Kansas City? See my #1.
    4: What should I do with the string of pearls I found in mom and dad's safe? When you figure that out, let me know. I have the same thing.
    5: Why don't men wear pearls? Because we don't usually own cashmere sweater sets?

    ReplyDelete