Thursday, August 08, 2019

Seattle - Towers and Glass

Nothing screams Seattle like the Space Needle, built for the 1962 Worlds Fair, the space needle continues to draw crowds.  In the shadow of the space needle is Chihuly Glass Garden, an massive installation both indoors and out, of modern American art glass.  I was unsure I would have time, and admission was $32, but we had a couple of free hours. It was worth every penny and every minute.  




Would you ride to the top of the Space Needle? 

4 comments:

  1. the only time I visited seattle (in the 80s) the space needle was closed. ex-husband and I tried, but there had been a fire and the space needle was outta commission due to the fire investigation.

    dale chihuly is an amazeballs glass artist. he has even purchased some of my employer's products to test his glass sculptures! his garden did not exist when I visited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some amazing photos of the glass, watch this space as they say.

      Delete
  2. I have and I loved it. And oh how I love Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay tells me we went up to the top in 2008, we didn't really have time this trip, going back in late April.

      Delete