I was soaking in the Jacuzzi, talking with Rachel Bright a neighbor who is a professional artist. I mentioned to her that I was blocked. She said go home, start fresh, open your favorite paint color, thin it if you need to and pour it onto the canvas, just play with it, then pour a second color, and another, and another. Freestyle. The critical step in getting unstuck, is to start. You don't need a plan. You don't need to know where you are going. Act like you are 5 years old turned lose with paint for the first time.
The show opens today, The piece is titled "Bright Idea."
I added some glitter and sequins.

Great advice.
ReplyDeleteShe is an amazing painter.
DeleteIt is fortunate that you are not dependant on an income from your art work, in this case at least.
ReplyDeleteWell said.
DeleteExcellent advice, and it worked!
ReplyDeleteAnd it was fun, that is one of my goals, to enjoy what I am doing.
DeleteWow, she gave you good advice! I LOVE YOUR PAINTING! And of course, the glitter and sequins are the crowning touch!
ReplyDeleteThere is always room for glitter.
DeleteAs I've often said, glitter and sequins make everything look better. Fun Fact: "sequin" was the name of a tiny silver Roman coin.
ReplyDeleteAlways sparkling for you.
DeletePerfect!
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteVery nice! I like this a lot. Nicely done!
ReplyDelete“ I was soaking in the Jacuzzi, talking with Rachel Bright”
ReplyDeleteA great line
What a fun work of art! Always keep your sparkle.
ReplyDelete