Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday Five: Delivery


1: Do you order food through delivery services? 

2: Have you had a delivery go missing? '

3: Why does the delivery bot, have round headlights? 

4: Do you think delivery robots will serve your neighborhood soon? 

5: Would you pause to let Kenshin finish crossing the street? 

My answers: 

1: Do you order food through delivery services? Not really, the restaurant at the condo delivers, one of the staff does the deliveries. We call it room service. 

2: Have you had a delivery go missing? I ordered 6 copies of the book "Who Moved My Cheese" to give to colleagues, the driver sent a photo of them outside a door, but not my door. Amazon asked me to wait a few days to see if they showed up, they didn't and Amazon reshipped them. 

3: Why does the delivery bot, have round headlights? To give it a cute animal like face. I read a book on this kind of design recently. 

4: Do you think delivery robots will serve your neighborhood soon? Not at the Condo, because they can't get into the buildings, and delivery to the doors in the 16 story buildings is required. 

5: Would you pause to let Kenshin finish crossing the street? Yes, I think delivery robots are the future in urban areas. 

Please share your answers in the comments. 

1 comment:

  1. Do you order food through delivery services? No, directly from the place, or I pick it up.
    Have you had a delivery go missing? 'Not yet!
    Why does the delivery bot, have round headlights? More pleasing I'm guessing.
    Do you think delivery robots will serve your neighborhood soon? No.

    Would you pause to let Kenshin finish crossing the street? How many gin have I had????

    A friend in LA ordered from one of these. The thing tipped over and ruined his meal, and the service refused to get him a new meal or reimburse him the bill. I myself would never use one. 1- it's putting yet another person out of work, and 2 it makes for yet another person-to-person interaction extinct. And we already don't know how to communicate anymore as it is.

    ReplyDelete