Wednesday, August 05, 2026

My World of Wonders: August 5, 2026

 
Where have I been this week? Chicago, getting there via New York, and getting home via Atlanta. The things we will do for our second favorite airline. 

Who have I talked to this week? My Sweet Bear, Erica, Emily Loraine, Alan, Tom, Ken, Robert, Bob, Jack, Kell, Bob, Cathy, Eric, Al, and bunches of other old lawyers. 

What have I been up to in the Kitchen? Nothing, we have been traveling. 

Who deserves a slap this week? The speaker in a room with 150 people in it, that put up a massively crowded PowerPoint slide and said, "here you can see the nine different elements of this strategy."  No we couldn't unless we were sitting in the first row. This is what happens when I stop teaching "death by PowerPoint. Three out of five slaps. 

Who deserves a big THANK YOU this week? Jack, Al, and Lorraine for helping to mentor me into a new committee assignment. 

What have I enjoyed this week? My friends from the Senior Lawyers Division and the amazing city of Chicago.  

13 comments:

  1. I have been twice with my last job to the city...but didn't get to see too much. And since then, I met Sixpence, a blogger who lives there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago can be great fun, I was in meetings most of this trip

      Delete
  2. I love Chicago and I can't wait to go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several new buildings in your old neighborhood.

      Delete
  3. Chicago is always fun! Haven't been for about 20 years but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very human city, with lots to do and see.

      Delete
  4. In the last year or two, I only get into Chicago when I have to drive my friend there for her doctor appointments at NorthWestern Hospital. Not too fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Driving in Chicago is a nightmare. IN the distant past we drove there a few times.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is huge and seems to be growing.

      Delete
  6. A great city. Hope you had some time to enjoy it. Presenters like that used to drive me nuts. Retirement work is keeping you awfully busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a couple of nice walks in Chicago - not a lot of free time this trip. I do stay busy.

      Delete
  7. We're hoping to go up to Chicago next spring and visit the Obama Center.

    ReplyDelete