Monday, August 24, 2026

Monday Moods: Onward

I stumbled across the reminder to focus on today and the future. Really today. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. 

So what can/should I do today? 

  • Find Joy! 
  • Be nice to others.
  • Learning something.
  • Be creative.
  • Solve a puzzle.
  • Breathe. 
  • Be tolerant. 
  • Be thankful. 
A post this last week, got me to thinking. I am so lucky that I have never felt the need to flee the country that I live in, risk my life in a leaky boat to arrive in another country where I may not be welcome. 

Where I have been able to identify why my ancestors left the "old country" it was mostly economic. And they arrived in a place that they were welcomed. Most people in the world, never leave the country they are born in, many never travel more than 100 miles from home. Things must be pretty terrible for people to flee home. 

What we need to focus on, is helping places where people feel compelled to leave, to become places where people want to stay, places, where people want to live to, not places people want to flee.

Today, I can do something to make other people's lives just a little bit better. 

6 comments:

  1. Excellent post. And I wont flee the country just yet.Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have thought you are the closest you've ever been to fleeing the country. I am sure your country will regain its status in time. It seems full respect won't come until you get your medical system right for the poorest in your country. That people die because they don't have money is an anathema to most of the world. But apparently public health care is communism. It is hard to understand to western outsiders. Not that our public health care is perfect, and possibly not in most countries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Step one, is the BigBeautifulObituary.

      Delete
  3. There is no greater blessing than living in a country which is not the victim of war and upheaval within its territory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete