1: What has been your "best" decade of life?
2:What age range is middle age?
3: What do you plan to do while you can?
4: When do we stop saving for old age?
5: Is the best yet to come?
My answers:
1: What has been your "best" decade of life? So far, my 60s. I had five years of high achieving work, and now 2 1/2 years of engaged retirement.
2:What age range is middle age? 35 to 45, life expectancy is about 80, so that is about half way.
3: What do you plan to do while you can? Stay engaged in life.
4: When do we stop saving for old age? NOW!
5: Is the best yet to come? I think I have a few great years left to come.
Please share your answers int he comments.
1 They all had their pluses and minuses. I'm early into my 60s, but so far so good. For a full decade, maybe my 50s.
ReplyDelete2. I have long lasting relatives, so 45-50 for me. Honestly, do not want to live to my late 90s.
3. Status quo I assume. I get out. I exercise. I kind of socialize. I read.
4. We are almost done with that. It will be weird with money going out and little (SSI) coming in.
5. Good still to come. The best? I guess I won't know until it's all over.
Few 100 year olds have a happy independent life.
Delete1. Perhaps my 40s. I was still vaguely attractive and we began travelling overseas, hosted dinners, barbeques and were very social.
ReplyDelete2. At 68 I consider myself old and if you consider that to be middle age, you are dreaming. Middle age ends at about 60.
3. I plan to correct my behaviour by not being rude to idiots. They can't help being stupid, and I need to be more understanding.
4. I've never really had savings beyond a few hundred dollars. My money went into my superannuation, which now provides me with an adequate income. I suppose it is a form of saving. That stopped when I retired in 2019.
5. Not at all. My best years are behind me, but that is fine. My desires to do things is reducing. I just adjust to my capabilities, my wants and my age.
I see a lot of retirees continuing to save, from their retirement income.
DeleteI regularly say that retirement is the best part of my entire life, including childhood. It's an ideal period -- no need to be in the workforce, adequate money to meet my needs without worrying or scrimping, good enough health at the moment, independent lifestyle, my only boss now is ME, I can do most of my chosen activities and hobbies, and I no longer have to put up with anybody else's bullshit running my life.
ReplyDeleteBeing able to spend our time as we wish is wonderful.
Delete1: What has been your "best" decade of life? I think they've all had they're moments, but this one is still has some time left so it might be the best.
ReplyDelete2:What age range is middle age? I plan on living to be 100 so I'll say my fifties.
3: What do you plan to do while you can? Live laugh love enjoy.
4: When do we stop saving for old age? Live simply and you never worry about saving.
5: Is the best yet to come? Since I don't know what's ahead, it might be the best. I'll let you know when it happens.
There are a few cats waiting for you to provide them with the best years of their lives.
Delete1: What has been your "best" decade of life? 1953 - 1963. My first ten years.
ReplyDelete2:What age range is middle age? I think 40 to 60.
3: What do you plan to do while you can? More walks, more pictures and stay healthy.
4: When do we stop saving for old age? I have no idea as I never consciously did that.
5: Is the best yet to come? No. Definitely not but I hope to make the best of things. Who knows - I might only have eight years left if I make it to eighty.
Keep moving and having fun.
Delete1. probably 1979 through 1989 when I had my 5 children.
ReplyDelete2. 45 - 50
3. walk, laugh, spend time with kids and grandkids
4. I've always been cheap so I don't spend much.
5. No, it's pretty much downhill from now on...
"pretty much downhill from now on..." 😄😄😄
DeleteI am an optimist, there is fun yet to be had.
Delete1) I admit I had to figure this out on paper, but it turned out to be my 30's. In that decade my life pretty much turned completely around, and much for the better. I finished the degree (I won't mention what the degree was since Pudding says I mention that too frequently 😛), got a tenure-track job, had my first professional successes, and most importantly of all met David.
ReplyDelete2) middle age is 40-60
3) What do you plan to do while you can? live
4) depending on how you define "saving", I think we did that when you retired
5) I think thus question is unanswerable, at least for me
Aww, you say the sweetest things.
Delete1. The years from 35 to 45 were pretty fab, coinciding with my move to New York and the expansion of my professional career.
ReplyDelete2. I'd say the 40s and 50s. I know that's not technically the "middle" of life but anything else seems too young.
3. Travel!
4. My financial advisor is telling me I should start claiming my pension, so maybe now? (Age 60.) I suppose it depends on how much a person has saved, though.
5. I think there's plenty of good yet to come. Whether it's the best remains to be seen!
I delayed claiming a pension, only to find that it stopped increasing in amount when I turned 65, they paid me retroactively for a few months.
Delete1: What has been your "best" decade of life? My 50's. I had a great job, I traveled a lot and I was smart enough to avoid the youthful pitfalls.
ReplyDelete2:What age range is middle age? I'd say 50 to 55.
3: What do you plan to do while you can? Keep learning and doing things.
4: When do we stop saving for old age? I'm not sure when it was.
5: Is the best yet to come? Only on several conditions.
My 50's were good, great job, nice place to work, but lots of very long days.
Delete