I am very sorry that I was a part of that criticism. I missed the opportunity to learn from this. To use it as a teachable moment.
A few harsh words, can crush our creativity. Even the most talented of artists have fragile egos.
There are two sides to this.
First, always, always, always be kind. As my Grandmother told me, if you don't have anything kind to say, don't say anything. It is okay to not like someone's creative effort, but keep that to yourself. Be careful and kind in what you say. Always encourage others.
Second, as creative people, we need to not let criticism destroy our creativity.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, their opinion does not make your work good or bad.
Work that is criticized today, is often seen as cutting edge brilliance later.
Often the critic, is channeling insecurities about their own abilities.
If your work has meaning for one person, it is great work.
Please don't crush the creativity of others. Never let your critics crush your creative spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment