Wednesday, July 29, 2026

My World of Wonders: July 29, 2026

Where have I been this week? Home, the treadmill, the pool, the grocery store, the ABC store, the Dentist, Cambridge Maryland. 

What did I do in the kitchen this week? I made multi-grain bread. Macaroni and cheese and baked chicken. Pork schnitzel and a nice mushroom gravy. A cherry clafoutis. Meatballs with a stroganoff sauce, a nice sald. 

Who have I talked with this week? Amy, Giuseppe, Paul, Ruth, Rebecca, my Sweet Bear, Lillian at the Gallery in Maryland, the dental hygienist, and Doctor Z. 

What have I been writing? An article on creating retirement job descriptions and goals, written ethics materials, written materials on health-care decision making, and an article on advocacy and the National Aging and Law Conference. 

What made me angry this week? Hearing the repeated lies by Delusional Donny about an election that everyone knows he LOST. If he truly believes he won it, he is delusional - a strongly held belief that has no rational basis in fact. There is a Constitutional provision for this, Congress needs to do their job.  His delusions are dangerous. And he punishes anyone who speaks out against him.  

What am I doubting this week? That Mitch McConnell is alive. It may be that he is just an animated corpse on life support until it is too late to call a special election.  

What travel planning am I doing? I worked out some details on a road trip in October, booked air and a hotel for my Florida trip in February. When we get back from Chicago I need to work out the details on the May cruise. 

What is on the easel this week? Hmm, nothing. I have some ideas but nothing in process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment