Wednesday, July 22, 2026

My World of Wonders - July 22, 2026

 

Where have I been this week? A long walk along King Street in Alexandria, the treadmill at the gym, the pool, the Alexandria Farmers Market. A shopping run to Home Goods and Aldi. 

Who have I talked with this week? Karen and Sharon, two of Sweet Bear's nieces. My Sweet Bear. Rebecca. Susan, Ana, and Gillespie. 

What artsy stuff am I up to this week? A photo and a painting.

What have I been up to in the kitchen?  Chicken Marsala and saffron rice. Started a jar of dill pickles, made gazpacho. Fried chicken, macaroni salad.  Pork Tenderloin, mushrooms and onions, baked potato, and multi grain bread (made with a little of this and a little of that and see if it works - it did.) Started a batch of coffee liqueur - I haven't made that in a couple of years.  

What has the weather been like? Smokey - blocking out the sun, to an extent that the outside air is reported to be unhealthy for a few days, then it rained and cleared out.

What am I reading? A book about adults and play, titled PlayFul.  

What have I started planning? A friends and family visit to Florida, in mid-winter. 

14 comments:

  1. So glad that awful air got rained out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the weather has cooled off a little.

      Delete
  2. Is the book about adults and play an adults only book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is about the usefulness of adults continuing to play, movement play, creative play, and yes - Sexual play.

      Delete
  3. If I wrote a book called PlayFul I'm sure it would have a whole different audience. Both in both books, there would be movement involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your version would have much more physical activity.

      Delete
  4. Your skateboarder painting is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought it captured the essence of the moment, the exuberance of youth. He was really good.

      Delete
  5. I like the skateboard photo and painting!
    The book sounds interesting; and I look forward to Maddie's version.
    They keep saying the smoke is heading here and so far it hasn't ... knock wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A representational abstract painting. It was fun to do, and fast.

      Delete
  6. That painting is very impressive. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, now to keep practicing.

      Delete
  7. Wow...that photo and painting is very cool. Keep on painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking for the next shot.

      Delete