Some of the happiest people I have met are dogs.
- They live each day as if it were a party.
- They eat with gusto, even of others think what they are eating is gross. The Brits have a saying that something is a "dogs dinner" as in a mess, dogs don't get this, who cares what it looks like if it smells good and tastes good.
- Dogs will always enjoy a snack or treat, none of this a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips crap, enjoy it in the here in and now.
- Dogs watch over their pack, or tend their flock. Sophie in France offers a good example of watching out for her flock, of searching for anyone who has gone astray - always being on the lookout for C-A-T-S.
- Given the opportunity dogs will run and play like someone left the gate open. You know what people, we can open that gate for ourselves, but we seldom do.
- Dogs are seemingly instant judges of character, one sniff of another dogs, and they know if it friend or foe. Why they sniff one another's behinds I haven't quite figured out. If only I could suss out those that will be unkind to me just by sniffing their behind.
- Dogs never pass on an opportunity to nap, probably only C-A-T-S do this more. We need to take more naps, get more rest.
- Dogs are free to speak up and say what is on their minds. Especially the neurotic little thing down the hall from us. Humans bottle it up until we pop our corks.
- Dogs have incredible focus, dogged determination - well until SQUIRREL! Or RABBIT!
- Dogs are always eager for a nice scratch, to have their backs rubbed, or their bellies tickled. When was the last time you rolled over so a stranger could tickle your belly? (Looking forward to one bloggers comment on this one.)
- Dogs lick where ever it feels good, you would too if you could.
- Mistreat a dog, and they will never trust you again. Wise dogs.
What a nice life. And all dogs should be so lucky, too.ReplyDelete
Or I could live like your cats for the week, it is time for my treat.Delete
Nice, but I don't agree with your last point. Mistreat a dog, they will come back for more to their Master/Mistress. The Master/Mistress is the pack leader.ReplyDelete
Thank you, you just helped me understand the difference between loyalty and trust.Delete
I need go find something to roll in todayDelete
It's a dog's life, isn't such a bad idea, and, if our house is any example, the cats have it good, too.ReplyDelete
I will have to find a good cat photo and write about living like a cat.Delete
There is all kinds of good advice here!ReplyDelete
I try, and after this week, boy does the world need itDelete
I could live as a dog.ReplyDelete
And rumor has it you like your tummy rubbed.Delete
You two should get one.ReplyDelete
WIth great love, comes great responsibilityDelete
I have always said, if reincarnation exists, I want to come back as a dog and be adopted by a nice and caring family. What a life!ReplyDelete