Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The Way We Were Wedneday

It took a minute to figure out what is happening here, not the four of us playing Monopoly, that is easy, the odd reflection. This is an accidental double exposure.  The panelled walls in the background were in the house at the farm, the window blinds are from Edith and Dicks house on the lake.  I suspect that the first image was the living room at the farm, there is a Christmas tree in there, and then a second exposure of the living room at Eddie and Dick's lays over that.  

You can't see my face, I am standing at the opposite side of the table.  I still have the watch I was wearing.  My first Timex.  It no longer works (I think the mainspring is broken.) It was my first watch.  


11 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/12/2020

    A rather gay looking top you were wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If knew then, what I know now.

      Delete
  2. How cool. This would be a photo I would have been tempted to toss until appreciating the double exposure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had to study it, I am surprised my father didn't toss it 50 years ago.

      Delete
  3. Double exposures! They've gone the way of the dodo bird now with digital photography, haven't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was taken with an Argus C-3, the film advance and shutter cocking were separate functions making it easy to create a double exposure. The next generation of cameras merged those to actions into one, making a double harder to do. There are probably some digital cameras with settings that would allow a double exposure, but it is impossible on the vast majority of digitals.

      Delete
  4. I hope this comment finally gets through.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. No no.. it's the ghost of Christmas past coming to play monopoly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we might have been staying at the lake waiting for the power to come back on from a massive ice storm.

      Delete
  6. Water Hack Burns 2lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

    Over 160 000 women and men are losing weight with a easy and secret "liquid hack" to burn 2 lbs every night as they sleep.

    It is proven and it works with everybody.

    This is how you can do it yourself:

    1) Hold a glass and fill it up with water half the way

    2) Now use this crazy HACK

    and become 2 lbs skinnier the next day!

    ReplyDelete