Saturday, November 09, 2019

The Routine Things in Life Need Not Be Boring

I remember discovering "Colours by Alexander Julian" in early 1980's, he put our a line of smartly colored dress socks. I had already discovered that underwear came in colors and styles beyond what my father wore.   Bright colors were a bold choice in the rather button down office I was working in.  Someone commented one day on my socks, and without thinking, my response was, "the routine things in life, need not be boring.  

Make a bold choice today, to not be boring.  

10 comments:

  1. my boss has cool socks (golf, football, baseball). another co-worker likes screaming bright color socks. don't know about their undies.

    that is why I bright color knit my accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know what color your undies are!!! :)

      Delete
    2. nude color (since I go commando).

      Delete
  2. I loved Colours by Alexander Julian. Had loads of shirts in the '80s. I never did get into fun socks, although I always think about it when I'm shopping. My underwear used to color-coordinate with the rest of my outfit. Then I came out of the closet and stopped doing that. Hmmm. Anyway, I do still have all different colors but I USUALLY don't worry if they match anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled, Alexander Julian, he is still designing, the prices are rather high.

      Delete
  3. Our prime minister is known for wearing very brightly coloured socks with his suits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our "president" is - well we are sorry - I didn't vote for him.

      Delete
  4. I firmly believe in colorful socks and underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to find meaning and joy in all I do despite their 'boring' routines. Doesn't always work but most of the time it does.

    ReplyDelete