Sunday, August 03, 2014

Kitchen Adventures


On the way home from last weekends bear adventures, we stopped and picked blueberries and I bought half a bushel of tomatoes.  Monday evening I made 12 pints of tomato sauce and canned it.  I had never done that before.  25 pounds is a lot of tomatoes, the food-mill attachment on the Kitchen-Aid mixer did a wonderful job of separating the peels and seeds. This morning I decided to make a tart with the rest of the blueberries.  Sometimes bad things happen to good pastry, I dropped the first tart shell taking it out of oven.  After cleaning up the mess, I tried again  - sooner or later I will overcome my pastry-phobia.  I have a loaf of bread baking at the moment, it smells yummy around here today. 

5 comments:

  1. dayum, you have been a busy boy!

    (slides a plate thru the internet for a slice of blueberry tart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you could have made something for my competition out of that fruit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/04/2014

    Wow! Busy time in the kitchen!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so mad-jealous! One of the greatest joys in my life is taking home grown toms and saucing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete