Thursday, September 21, 2006



I just returned from 4 days in Washington DC. DG had three long days of work, but we squeezed in as much sightseeing as we could. As always we took the Metro from National Airport into the city.

We stayed at a very nice hotel near Union Station this trip. The hotel was just across the street from the conference site and very comfortable for me while DG was across the street being enlightened.

We went to the National Zoo to see the exotic wild life. They have a Panda who is less then a year old. The baby was hiding a tree, munching bamboo. The Panda’s are about to be moved to a new a larger habitat, I sure am glad I free to hitch a ride around the world. You never know who you bump into in DC, I walked past Haley Barber on my way to dinner on Tuesday evening, and minutes later watch Senator Clinton get into her armored SUV at the Capital. Then there was this gang of thugs that I ran into down by the Smithsonian Castle building one evening.

TR

4 comments:

  1. ... you're looking a little chunky in that last photo penguin. Munching on too many fishes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it be a little water retaintion from to many pickeled Herring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat-cat DC lifestyle. (Probably shouldn't have mentioned "cat" in front of a bird.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/22/2006

    LOL! I was SO going to comment on the chubby picts and decided to walk away!

    ReplyDelete