Saturday, April 01, 2006

Philadelphia



I just flew home from a few days in Philadelphia. Though we had many important meetings to attend we did sneak in a few minutes to play tourist. We visited the new liberty bell pavilion, Independence Hall, City Hall and the US Mint. We rode planes, trains, subways and endured one “take your life in your hands Taxi ride.” Here are a couple of pictures, one is me with the back of Independence Hall in the background (Bert that is were my ancestors declared their independence from your King.) The other is of a fountain near city hall that someone filled with pink dye this morning. I have no explanation of why or how the water in the fountain was died pink, but it was. I could see this from our hotel room (on the 30th floor with a view of city hall) and we walked over for a closer work and a photo op. Monday we are back in the air, to Columbia, South Carolina this time.

TR

4 comments:

  1. Just like you I hate 737 as well. I'm not much into the CRJ model of jet, however they are quick compared to the Q400 or Q200 that I fly a lot.

    You should try row 6 (bulkhead row) on the 737. I do like this row if I can get 6A or 6F as I like to stare out the window. And 1st class does not suck either. I use to get upgraded about 70% of the time, until Alaska changed how they upgrade and now I got stuck on the back of the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to tell you this little penguin, but it seems your brain has exploded and is spewing forth pink goo all over a beautiful fountain at the park.

    Must find emergency room. Quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/04/2006

    Hmmm... That would explain the headache he complained of when he got home...

    ReplyDelete
  4. National Pink Fountain Day?

    ReplyDelete