THANK YOU ALL!
I hope you enjoy this blog, I truly enjoy writing it, reading your comments and responding. You bring so much to my life.
Twenty-one years ago today, I published the first post on the Adventures of Travel Penguin. For a couple of weeks I had been guest blogger for Stephen, a friend who lives in London, while he was away on holiday. I enjoyed writing and posting, and decided I would give it a try. At first I didn't tell anyone. The first decade or so was slow, then I started posting more often. I have not missed a day since 2015.I often ask myself, why do I blog? I do this to share my photographs, and my thoughts. The commitment to posting daily was personal, I wanted to improve my writing. By making a commitment to post everyday, I was committing myself to writing a few pages every week. Writing has become easier; I hope my writing has become better.
I try to stay positive and upbeat in my postings. There is plenty of anger on blogs, very valid anger. I try to avoid that here. I have strong political views, I am proudly WOKE, but I generally avoid politics here. I hope this is an oasis, a safe space.
My sincere hope is to continue writing The Adventures of Travel Penguin as long as I have photos to share and something to say. I have well over 120,000 photos in the archive, there is little risk of my running out of photos, and I am still learning to be quiet.
Congratulations! 21 years is a very long time. Your blog is now old enough to drink in any State.
ReplyDeleteTravel does not drink much.
DeleteWell, 21 and many times kissed. Congratulation, with many more posts to come.
ReplyDeleteTIme flies when we are having fun.
DeleteCongratulations on reaching this impressive milestone. Normally a penguin can only live for around twenty years in the wild but I guess that you are in captivity with your own live-in jailer. I hate to be picky but it's "blogiversary" not "blogaversary" according to the Concise Oxford Dictionary.
ReplyDeleteTravel Penguin has had a couple of close calls and went missing for a few months one year.
DeleteWow...21 years. Congratulations! I so appreciate your fun, informative, positive posts to start my day. Here's to many more. It was fun meeting up with you on your trip through Ohio!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I will keep trying. Bring the grandkids to see DC someday?
DeleteCongratulations on the Bog 2-1!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers to the next!
Thanks,
DeleteMost impressive, Sweetie! 😘
ReplyDeleteYou are one of the few things that has been in my life longer,
DeleteCongratulations, David! I always enjoy your posts and thank you for the time and patience it takes to put them together! Well done!
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading and commenting.
DeleteHappy anniversary! I'd say that's quite an accomplishment. I enjoy stopping by every day to see what's up in your part of the world.
ReplyDeleteReading your daily posts reminds me I need to get back to the Valley of the Sun.
DeleteHappy blogaversary! You started just nine months before me. I'm with you on trying to stay positive -- though sometimes I find it's just not possible. LOL
ReplyDeleteBreath in, breath out, and walk the dog.
DeleteHappy blogo/bloga/blogi/ versary! Autocorrect is going nuts now, heh. My first-born granddaughter is six months older. Time flies, doesn't it? Now where did I put my compression socks?
ReplyDeleteIt seems like just yesterday we were 39 - again.
DeleteHappy Blogging. I actual like blogging.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoy reading your posts.
DeleteHappy Anniversary. ❤️ I love blogging.
ReplyDeletethanks,
Delete