Thursday, January 02, 2014

Back to the office

Today was the first day of the work year, the first day of the rest of my life.  I was in the office, getting things done.  I caught up on email that had stacked up over the holidays.  I was able to follow up with people who had taken the last 10 days off.  I try to work over the holidays, it is a good time to catch up on things that no one else needs to touch, but not a good time to try to do anything that I need to confer with anyone else on. I am producing workshops for a conference in January, and it was not a good couple of weeks to try to get people to agree on a workshop title.  

I enjoy work.  I get bored after a couple of days around the house.  I enjoy vacation and traveling, but being home gets to me in a hurry.  I prefer to be working.  This is a major consideration as I get closer to "retirement" age, I can't see myself in my parents vision of retirement.  They retired early and have been bored for most of the past 30 years.  Not my idea of fun.

Take care, stay busy and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment