Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wisdom Is Better Then Strength


The window features the original core liberal arts curriculum. I spent many years in the shadow of this window learning critical thinking, communication, civilized debate, understanding of the arts as an essential way of communicating the human condition; quantifying the world, analyzing and understanding the essential science while never loosing sight of the human factor. Exploring and understanding of the world and myself. I will never be the same person that I was when I first walked under this window all those many years ago.

TR

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/31/2007

    I just realized I can't read that paragraph AND listen to Napoleon Dynamite say "I like your sleeves. They're real big" at the same time.

    I have NO idea what I just read... (but realize I can quote Napoleon). Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/01/2007

    I was just rambling and making little sense.

    TR

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he'll forgive me blowing his cover, that was DG speaking of his experience at a small, liberal arts college which he attended as a "non-traditional" student. The window is the figure of Wisdom from the college chapel. DG's experience there is one of the great turning points and treasures of his life, and he always waxes upon it with poetic nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't all students at small liberal arts colleges non-traditional?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/02/2007

    Oh, what have I started . . .

    DG

    ReplyDelete