Sunday, August 02, 2026

The Sunday Five: Zoom Zoom


1: Have you ever been to a car race? 

2: How do you respond to heavy traffic? 

3: Are you a fast driver or a slow driver? 

4: What is the fastest car you have ever owned? 

5: What is the fastest you have ever driven? 

My answers: 

1: Have you ever been to a car race? Not the race itself, but qualifying weekend at Indianapolis - a couple of times. 

2: How do you respond to heavy traffic?  I have become much more tolerant,  an extra few minutes and we will all get there. 

3: Are you a fast driver or a slow driver? I am annoyingly slow. 

4: What is the fastest car you have ever owned?  A 1999 Cadillac Eldorado with the Northstar V8, I don't know how fast it would go.  

5: What is the fastest you have ever driven? About 110 miles per hour, on the Autobahn in Germany. That is when the little gray dot in the rearview mirror became a Porsche that passed me. 

Please share your answers in the comments. 

14 comments:

  1. 1: Have you ever been to a car race? Never. I would find such an event exceedingly boring.
    2: How do you respond to heavy traffic? Apply the brake and sometimes sit and wait patiently.
    3: Are you a fast driver or a slow driver? Neither. I am middle of the road. I try hard to follow speed regulations.
    4: What is the fastest car you have ever owned? No idea. I don't pay much attention to speed dials.
    5: What is the fastest you have ever driven? 125mph on an autobahn in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: Have you ever been to a car race? Never
    2: How do you respond to heavy traffic? Sometimes with a patient sigh. Sometimes with some choice muttering.
    3: Are you a fast driver or a slow driver? I suppose kind of fast but nothing to take note of. I just don’t crawl.
    4: What is the fastest car you have ever owned? No idea. The question wouldn’t even cross my mind.
    5: What is the fastest you have ever driven? Maybe high 80s mph before I realized what I was doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mutter less than I used to in traffic.

      Delete
  3. 1. No. Never quite interested me.
    2. Depends if I have to poop or not.
    3. Just slightly over the speed limit in most cases. But not fast fast.
    4. Maybe my current SUV? On the test drive, I looked down and was going 82. It didn't feel like that.
    5. I got a ticket at 87 mph. I. might have gone faster in a Camaro rental out in the middle of Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleveland seems to have two speeds, stopped, and full speed.

      Delete
  4. 1: Have you ever been to a car race? Never; not my thing.
    2: How do you respond to heavy traffic? I relax and get through it.
    3: Are you a fast driver or a slow driver? Not slow. Not overly fast.
    4: What is the fastest car you have ever owned? Perhaps a Mazda 626.
    5: What is the fastest you have ever driven? I once got the aforementioned Mazda up to near 100 on a freeway late late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Indianapolis 500 - many years ago.
    2. Just relax - I'm retired, I'm not in a hurry anymore. :)
    3. Medium?
    4. No idea - I've owned family vans and sedans.
    5. I may get up to 80 when I'm passing on the tollway - not too often, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1: Have you ever been to a car race? I have a vague memory of something local to my home town when I was just a kid.
    2: How do you respond to heavy traffic? I'm always looking for an escape route.
    3: Are you a fast driver or a slow driver? I used to be pretty fast now I'm just average.
    4: What is the fastest car you have ever owned? I think it might have been the Pontiac Tempest.
    5: What is the fastest you have ever driven? 100 mph, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fun of driving in Germany was sections of the road where you can legally drive really fast

      Delete
  7. 1. Yes, at a local speedway in Tampa, Fla. Incredibly boring and loud.
    2. I'm not too impatient, usually.
    3. Relative terms! I try to stick to speed limits, or maybe just over.
    4. None of my cars were purchased for their speed!
    5. I'm not sure. I was once in a car going 100 mph but I wasn't behind the wheel. (And I'm lucky I survived.)

    ReplyDelete