What have I been up to in the kitchen this week? Baked chicken with butter and white wine, roast salmon, potato salad, local fresh greens with home made vinaigrette, peach tart, sloppy Joes, a tomato salad, a ham and cheese omelet. A very hearty beef and veggie soup.
Where have I been this week? The treadmill, the pool, the grocery store and Trader Joe's. The Farmers Market.
How is my reading this week? Not everyday, but when I get started about 100 pages in an evening.
What has been consuming my time? A couple of sets of continuing education materials that are due the end of the month, the policy resolution. A cluster of conference calls. Oh and an interview with a Pro-Bono attorney who saved a man's life.
What disappointed me this week? Pastry Boy was not at the market on Saturday morning.
What have I been watching? Amazon Prime Video, Great Canal Journeys with Timothy West and Prunnela Scales - she was Sybil on Faulty Towers and Mary Berry's cooking videos. If you pay for Amazon Prime, you have access to their streaming video service. These two have proven a wonderful way to nod off to sleep. There is a slight sadness, Prunnela had mild dementia when the series was filmed, she lived on for almost another decade, and out lived her husband by about a year.
What is on the easel? The big chicken, he is red at the moment.


Red Hen is looking pretty good.
ReplyDeleteIt was fun, what next?
Deletehe is red at the moment-- he certainly is 🐔🐔🐔
ReplyDeleteBaaakkkk!
Deletewhere was that sign (and can I move there)
ReplyDeleteSunrise Assisted Living, behind the Mt. Vernon Hospital. They would be glad to show you around.
DeleteI boycott Amazon so no Prime for me. I have a Roku and can get lots of shows on that...
ReplyDeleteStreaming has changed the way we watch.
DeleteBig chicken is looking good!
ReplyDeleteDiscover the breathtaking beauty of Himachal Pradesh with a memorable Shimla Manali Tour Package from Journey of Himalaya. This exciting Himalayan holiday combines the colonial charm of Shimla, the scenic landscapes of Kullu Valley, and the picturesque beauty of Manali, making it ideal for families, couples, honeymooners, and friends.
ReplyDelete