How am I doing? Busy! And Learning.
I agreed to present on a couple of workshops at the National Aging and Law Conference at Syracuse University in early October. The written materials and PowerPoints are due the end of the month. I have been trying to coordinate with co-presenters and get those finished and in on time. I produced that conference a dozen times and I know how important it is that speakers finish the materials on time as requested. I am well on schedule, by spending an hour or two each day working on those.
I agreed to chair a policy committee for the Senior Lawyers Division, and we have been asked to advocate for protection against discrimination based biomarker test results. A week ago I had no idea what a biomarker was. So step one was learning, lots of learning. Then contemplating a strategy. Then starting drafting. I reached out to a couple of friends, who graciously shared very helpful resources with me. The next conference call is on Friday, I will have a partial draft to send out by mid-week. Again, I am busy, but productive. And I am learning.
My last science class was in about 1990. The most important thing I learned in that class, was how to learn about topics I knew nothing about. The research skills developed in undergrad are still serving me well many years later.
I am working steadily, and a few hours a day. Making good progress, and overall staying busy.

No comments:
Post a Comment