1: Where do "baby carrots" come from?
2: When was the last time you cut up a whole chicken?
3: Have you ever cleaned a fish?
4: When was the last time you baked a cake and did you use a mix?
5: Butter or Margarine and why?
My Answers:
1: Where do "baby carrots" come from? You see the oddly shaped carrots in the bunches above? Stores didn't want them, so a machine was developed to carve round carrot sticks out of them and that is what is bagged and sold as "baby carrots." Those are not babies, they will not grow into adult carrots, they are rejects reshaped and sold at a premium price.
2: When was the last time you cut up a whole chicken? About a month ago. I am surprised at the number of people who have never done this.
3: Have you ever cleaned a fish? It has been a very long time, but yes, and I had to get to them before my Aunt's cat. He was faster at catching and cleaning than I was.
4: When was the last time you baked a cake and did you use a mix? It has been three or four months, and no mix was involved.
5: Butter or Margarine and why? Butter. I took a university lab science class in human nutrition. The professor explained it this way, "we know what is in butter and what the body does with it, we have no clear idea what mystical chemicals are in margarine and really don't know what happens to them in the body long term. Stick with the devil we know, over the one we don't.
Please share your answers in the comments.
Where do "baby carrots" come from? Their parents hopefully.
ReplyDeleteWhen was the last time you cut up a whole chicken? Never, that's what the butcher is for.
Have you ever cleaned a fish? Hell no! Never! I don't even wanna touch one.
When was the last time you baked a cake and did you use a mix? I always use my aunts' recipes...and yes scratch.
Butter or Margarine and why? Butter. And I prefer Irish butter, Kerrygold.
Kerrygold is good stuff.
Delete1: Where do "baby carrots" come from? Mrs Carrot's womb.
ReplyDelete2: When was the last time you cut up a whole chicken? Last Sunday
3: Have you ever cleaned a fish? Yes. I have also gutted several and prepared them for cooking. Not a nice job.
4: When was the last time you baked a cake and did you use a mix? 1984 and I did not use a mix. Lady Pudding does the baking round here... apart from the Yorkshire puddings of course!
5: Butter or Margarine and why? She tends to use baking margarine but sometimes - if the recipe calls for it - butter as well. I have no idea why.
Baking is not gender specific.
Delete1. The dirt. Filthy things.
ReplyDelete2. You cut them? I just wrench the cooked ones apart.
3. They come out of the sea. Most of our local sea is clean and salted water, so why clean them?
4. I have made many cakes in my life, but for quite a long time.
5. Butter, and proper salted butter, which is hard to find here now. This in spite of me never adding salt to anything.
Good answer on the fish.
Delete1. Well, when a mom carrot and dad carrot love each other very much.......
ReplyDelete2. I'm not sure I ever have. Or needed to.
3. Nope.
4. I baked a cake earlier this year for my husband's bday. It was an Ina recipe.
5. Butter. Never had butter growing up - always margarine. It tastes better, even if it doesn't spread as smoothly as margarine.
There are a lot of fish in Lake Erie.
Delete1: Where do "baby carrots" come from? From the Carrot Stork ...
ReplyDelete2: When was the last time you cut up a whole chicken? I haven't ... yet.
3: Have you ever cleaned a fish? I haven'; ... and don't think I will.
4: When was the last time you baked a cake and did you use a mix? I baked a cake on Carlos' birthday in April and I have never used a mix.
5: Butter or Margarine and why? Butter because of exactly what your professor said!
I will probably never clean a fish again.
Delete1. You have educated me today about baby carrots, thanks!
ReplyDelete2. I have never cut up a whole chicken except for dismembering a rotisserie chicken from the store in order to eat it.
3. I have never cleaned a fish.
4. I regularly bake a small chocolate snacking cake from scratch. I never use a cake mix -- too much sugar in them for a diabetic. I need to bake with Splenda instead.
5. Margarine is more easily spreadable, so I use that. I've been eating margarine all my life. Too late to worry about it now.
I agree that after a certain age we should not worry about what we eat
DeleteBlobby took my best line for this, i.e., "When two carrots are very much in love...." Alas! But it's comforting to know I still have my Cleveland sense of humor after all these years. I need to start baking cakes again.... 🍰🎂🥮🧁🥕
ReplyDeleteThe kitchen is a perfect playground.
Delete1: Where do "baby carrots" come from? I was going to say the supermarket but, I learned something reading your description.
ReplyDelete2: When was the last time you cut up a whole chicken? Many, many years ago.
3: Have you ever cleaned a fish? No
4: When was the last time you baked a cake and did you use a mix? Sometime in January.
5: Butter or Margarine and why? Butter, always.
Butter is best
Delete1. I expected that about baby carrots.
ReplyDelete2. I can't remember when or if I ever did this.
3. NO
4. I baked a cake for my oldest son's birthday and it was from scratch.
5. Margarine because some of my family members are dairy free.
I learned the hard way to ask of others have dietary restrictions, take a vegetarian to a steakhouse for lunch.
DeleteI think it's been proven that butter is healthier than margarine, against all that we were taught back in the '70s and '80s! We use butter around here too. I can't remember the last time I baked a cake. Maybe 15 years ago?
ReplyDeleteSo much of what we were taught has proven wrong.
Delete1. Baby carrots come from a vile Vegan carrot trafficking ring!
ReplyDelete2. I was a kid. I prefer to keep my fingers.
3. I was a kid. I hate fish to this day.
4. It's been about four years. I used to bake from scratch out of necessity. I had the ingredients just laying around the cupboards. I enjoy using a mix as a base for my baking.
5. Margarine except for butter cakes. I prefer the taste of margarine.
There are only a couple of us who have ever cleaned a fish, and I agree I never want to do that again - especially a "fresh catch."
Delete1: Where do "baby carrots" come from? The grocery store
ReplyDelete2: When was the last time you cut up a whole chicken? Last winter when I bought a whole chicken to make a pot of chicken soup.
3: Have you ever cleaned a fish? Yes. I was in my teens and it grossed me out.
4: When was the last time you baked a cake and did you use a mix? I make ricotta cakes in the summer with the summer berries and fruits. It was probably a month ago.
5: Butter or Margarine and why? Butter. It's the real deal, not manufactured like margarine. And it tastes sooooo good!
I make stock from a while chicken every few weeks.
Delete1: Where do "baby carrots" come from? You probably shouldn’t have given the answer away.
ReplyDelete2: When was the last time you cut up a whole chicken? Never.
3: Have you ever cleaned a fish? Never.
4: When was the last time you baked a cake and did you use a mix? Never.
5: Butter or Margarine and why? Butter. Because it’s what SG uses.
You might find great joy in the kitchen.
Delete