It is not very often we see a museum of glass art - paintings, sculpture, porcelain, gold and silver, jewellery, textiles etc yes, but glass much less often. But then I shouldn't be surprised - I don't remember much glass in my Art History degree.
These are gorgeous! I especially like the sunflower. This reminds me of a time I was in Palm Springs at the art museum there and they had one room full of glass creations. I was awestruck.
It is not very often we see a museum of glass art - paintings, sculpture, porcelain, gold and silver, jewellery, textiles etc yes, but glass much less often. But then I shouldn't be surprised - I don't remember much glass in my Art History degree.
ReplyDeleteI was surprised by the size and quality of the collection.
DeleteGorgeous pieces. Looks like Chihuly glass in the first one!
ReplyDeleteI am not sure, there is some Chihuly in the collection. I am sloppy about keeping track of tags,
DeleteThe third one reminded me a pair of very large balls!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd very fragile ones
DeleteI love art glass. It is magical in a way no other visual art form is.
ReplyDeleteI have watched it being formed a few times, amazing.
DeleteI don't know how they create those but they sure are interesting and lovely.
ReplyDeleteThe way glass bends light and color always fascinates me..
DeleteAmazing!
ReplyDeleteAnd in Ft Wayne Indiana!
DeleteWow! Glass is such an amazing medium.
ReplyDeleteAnd a really strong collection.
DeleteThese are gorgeous! I especially like the sunflower. This reminds me of a time I was in Palm Springs at the art museum there and they had one room full of glass creations. I was awestruck.
ReplyDeletethe sunflower is about waist high.
Delete