Wednesday, July 22, 2026

My World of Wonders - July 22, 2026

 

Where have I been this week? A long walk along King Street in Alexandria, the treadmill at the gym, the pool, the Alexandria Farmers Market. A shopping run to Home Goods and Aldi. 

Who have I talked with this week? Karen and Sharon, two of Sweet Bear's nieces. My Sweet Bear. Rebecca. Susan, Ana, and Gillespie. 

What artsy stuff am I up to this week? A photo and a painting.

What have I been up to in the kitchen?  Chicken Marsala and saffron rice. Started a jar of dill pickles, made gazpacho. Fried chicken, macaroni salad.  Pork Tenderloin, mushrooms and onions, baked potato, and multi grain bread (made with a little of this and a little of that and see if it works - it did.) Started a batch of coffee liqueur - I haven't made that in a couple of years.  

What has the weather been like? Smokey - blocking out the sun, to an extent that the outside air is reported to be unhealthy for a few days, then it rained and cleared out.

What am I reading? A book about adults and play, titled PlayFul.  

What have I started planning? A friends and family visit to Florida, in mid-winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment