Saturday, September 19, 2026

The Saturday Morning Post: To be creative, you need to be active

I didn't take the camera out for a month. I have excuses, the weather was hot, I was busy, yada, yada, yada, you know what they say about excuses. 

And I hit kind of a dry spell. I was lacking inspiration. Stumped, stuck. 

I kind of had to force myself to get out. And I chose a day, and it was miserable, hot, humid, and wonderful. I slowed down, I took some photos, some okay photos, some great one's. And I found my motivation again. 

My creativity had dropped off, because I had not made time, gotten out there to be creative. To be creative, I have to be active, you gotta do it - to do it. 

When you hit a creative dry spell, go do something creative. It does not have to be easy, it does not have to be fun, you just need to get out there and do something. Be active, to be creative. 
 

8 comments:

  1. Too bad about the heat and humidity, but glad you got back out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the time of the year, when it can be 60 at night, and 90 in the afternoon. I generally like the humidity.

      Delete
  2. This year the heat and humidity, and stupidity, have been horrible!
    We are now seeing lower temps and humidity but alas the stupidity is still high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was about 70 when I went to the farmers market this morning

      Delete
  3. It's so easy to let other things get in the way. I have that problem too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking a walk with a camera breathing in fresh air is a good way to get going again. Lots of green...looks like basil and green peppers. What would you do in the kitchen with those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots and lots of green sweet peppers. I would use them in nearly everything I cook, but Sweet Bear had become very sensitive and if I did he would feel rather unwell for a day or two.

      Delete