Wednesday, September 16, 2026

My World of Wonders: September 16, 2026


Where have I been this week? Trader Joe's, the National Portrait Gallery (see above), the community center, the pool, the treadmill, the farmers market. 

What have I been up to in the kitchen?  A chicken- veggie- pasta, pizza, pork chops and french fries, 

Who have a communicated with this week? My brother, I sent him an email, and several days later had a reply. He is unwell. My sister a couple of times. Amy, Eric, Anna, Giuseppe, Raf, Marcel, David, Warren, lots of neighbors. 

What social events have we been up to? We organize a nearly monthly LGBTQ neighborhood gathering. It was scheduled for the first friday, then the power went out, we postponed for a week. We gathered on the pool deck, I made a pizza. We had missed last month, it was good to see everyone.  

What is coming up this week? An art gallery show change, the current show comes down today, the new show goes up Friday, with an opening reception Saturday afternoon. I have one more to do this year - the December show is a solo show by someone who can handle everything.  

What am I writing? I sent an article on communication to the editor, an interview went back to the interviewee for his edits. I have two policy papers I am editing. Then I should be caught up for a while.  

Who deserves a slap this week? People who volunteer to serve on a committee, show up for the meeting, criticize the work that has been done and say "more research and editing is needed" and then don't have time to contribute when asked to help.  5 out of 5 slaps, this why it is so hard to find good committee leadership. 

What surprises me when I think about it? How much the rantings of the lunatic president, impact other countries.  Politely tell him to shut up and go away, and live your life while we wait for his term to end. 

8 comments:

  1. When it comes to The Orange Menace, I have no polite words.

    Oh how I love the National Portrait Gallery. What a place to live. (Despite the menace) As for those volunteers, everyone’s a critic. Jerks!

    Hope your brother is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a post from the NPG coming up soon.

      Delete
  2. I suppose at worst, Eyeliner Man might be a little more sound, but I haven't seen any real exhibition of that, aside from a lack of absurd tweets. Unfortunately the acts of #47 will have long term repercussions, no matter what the colour of the next US government. Maybe it's the circles I move among, but there seems to be a real hate on the US, especially for the fact he was elected again after already showing his colours.
    Many volunteer organisation are fraught. People join with great expectations, only to find out they can't push their barrow, and then stoop to fighting against the greater good.
    I can't believe how many wonderful artistic institutions you have in your city, in fabulous buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Galleries and Museums are a great part of living here.

      Delete
  3. I do like how the Irish Prime Minister had Cankles sit at a tiny desk, and I love the Irish people for marching!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for telling him, that unprovoked wars are unacceptable.

      Delete
  4. The damage being done by that by this clearly demented lump is mind boggling. You have had a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gawd yeah, critical slackers on committees, I remember them well from my working days. My other "favourites" are the useless knobs who arrive late and leave early at meetings, or skip them entirely.

    ReplyDelete