What have I been up to in the kitchen this week? Steaks, mashed potatoes, and a simple salad. Squash, leak, and chicken soup with fresh home baked bread. Mac and Cheese, the proper kind baked in the oven.
Where have I been this week? The Farmers Market, the community center, the treadmill, Mt Vernon, Aldi, and the Library.
Who upset me this week? The same as usual, HWSNBN, and his atrocities at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. His fear of a few drag performers, has led to the downfall of the Center. I check every morning for good news, but still no obituary.
What gave me hope this week? Political polling for the November elections. The speaker of the House saying, if they lose control of the House and Senate in the midterm election it is the end of the tRump era, the best campaign speech the Democrats could make. IF, and that is a big IF, people get out an vote, we can turn the tide in the next election.
What is my plea to people outside of the United States. We understand that you are upset, very likely angry at the actions of the government of the United States. Please feel free to do so. But please don't hold it against the people of the United States. Most of us didn't vote for this, many of those who did vote for him, are not happy with what has happened. Hate the hate, but please know that we love you and hope that you will love us.
Why is it that when someone says, "at the turn of the century", I think 1900, and they mean 2000?
WHO has common sense? I have just finally begun to interpret turn of the century correctly.
ReplyDeleteCorrectly, 1900!
DeleteYour last remark is salient.
ReplyDelete#47 might be crazy, but he is not stupid. I want him to live on to see what damage he has done to the world, even though he may rub his hands together with glee. We will see what the midterms bring and what percentage vote for him, but 1/3 at the last election does not bode well for what is now being viewed as a failing empire by the outside world.
The Government does not represent the majority of the people.
DeleteWe are Old Timers now, those of us born in The Last Century.
ReplyDeletewe are mid-century modern at it's finest.
DeleteWhenever I hear the 80s I think it was twenty years ago and then realize it's not.
ReplyDeleteJust like I don't blame the Israeli people for the attacks on Gaza--I blame their leader--the world should blame Cankles and not Americans.
Very. much agree.
DeleteOh gosh, you are not alone on that "turn of the century" thought. I do the same thing. It must have something to do with the year we were born.
ReplyDelete100 years since my grandparents married, I can remember their 50 wedding Anniversary.
DeleteHWSNBN has lost his mind and it is more and more apparent each day. The terrible speech he made at the UN. I wish they had all walked out on him. I can't understand who can possibly still support him.
ReplyDeleteMitch and others of a similar mindset support him, oh that is right, Mitch is barely conscious.
DeleteI’m not angry at the people of the USA. The central population , and poor , the ones affected by recession have been duped and and lied to
ReplyDeleteMany who voted for this atrocity, are those most hurt by his actions.
DeleteI reject your plea David and hold you personally responsible for this dark phase in American history - The Trump Era!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm kidding - in the full knowledge that most Americans are kind and decent people who want the best for their fellow humans - unlike the "stable genius" at the top who mainly seeks enrichment for himself, his family and the morons who surround him.
It will take us a while to scrape the stink off when he is gone.
Delete