October starts this week. The weather here has turned cooler. Night time temperatures in the 50's and 60's (F), some much cooler days. I have gotten outside a lot more, a couple of great walks in the past week. The farmers market is shifting from tomatoes and peaches of summer, to apples, pears and squash of fall and winter.
For me it is hunter gatherer season. Nesting season. I ordered the candied fruit to make fruitcake this week. I will get them baked soon, allowing plenty of time for them to soak up the booze before the holidays. We used to joke that my non-drinking mother, made 100 proof fruit cake, mine are even stronger.
I started wearing long sleeve shirts this week.
It is cuddle up and relax season.
I am feeling somewhat autumnal.

I wore long pants when we went out to dinner Saturday night. I felt so grown up. I love fruit cake. SG makes a Jamaican Black Cake, soaked in liquor, filled with so much fruit and stuff. So NOT on the recommended diet.
ReplyDeleteSynchronicity is perhaps the word. I will change to short sleeved shirts tomorrow.
ReplyDelete