1: What has been your "best" decade of life?
2:What age range is middle age?
3: What do you plan to do while you can?
4: When do we stop saving for old age?
5: Is the best yet to come?
My answers:
1: What has been your "best" decade of life? So far, my 60s. I had five years of high achieving work, and now 2 1/2 years of engaged retirement.
2:What age range is middle age? 35 to 45, life expectancy is about 80, so that is about half way.
3: What do you plan to do while you can? Stay engaged in life.
4: When do we stop saving for old age? NOW!
5: Is the best yet to come? I think I have a few great years left to come.
Please share your answers int he comments.
1 They all had their pluses and minuses. I'm early into my 60s, but so far so good. For a full decade, maybe my 50s.
ReplyDelete2. I have long lasting relatives, so 45-50 for me. Honestly, do not want to live to my late 90s.
3. Status quo I assume. I get out. I exercise. I kind of socialize. I read.
4. We are almost done with that. It will be weird with money going out and little (SSI) coming in.
5. Good still to come. The best? I guess I won't know until it's all over.
Few 100 year olds have a happy independent life.
Delete1. Perhaps my 40s. I was still vaguely attractive and we began travelling overseas, hosted dinners, barbeques and were very social.
ReplyDelete2. At 68 I consider myself old and if you consider that to be middle age, you are dreaming. Middle age ends at about 60.
3. I plan to correct my behaviour by not being rude to idiots. They can't help being stupid, and I need to be more understanding.
4. I've never really had savings beyond a few hundred dollars. My money went into my superannuation, which now provides me with an adequate income. I suppose it is a form of saving. That stopped when I retired in 2019.
5. Not at all. My best years are behind me, but that is fine. My desires to do things is reducing. I just adjust to my capabilities, my wants and my age.
I see a lot of retirees continuing to save, from their retirement income.
DeleteI regularly say that retirement is the best part of my entire life, including childhood. It's an ideal period -- no need to be in the workforce, adequate money to meet my needs without worrying or scrimping, good enough health at the moment, independent lifestyle, my only boss now is ME, I can do most of my chosen activities and hobbies, and I no longer have to put up with anybody else's bullshit running my life.
ReplyDeleteBeing able to spend our time as we wish is wonderful.
Delete1: What has been your "best" decade of life? I think they've all had they're moments, but this one is still has some time left so it might be the best.
ReplyDelete2:What age range is middle age? I plan on living to be 100 so I'll say my fifties.
3: What do you plan to do while you can? Live laugh love enjoy.
4: When do we stop saving for old age? Live simply and you never worry about saving.
5: Is the best yet to come? Since I don't know what's ahead, it might be the best. I'll let you know when it happens.
There are a few cats waiting for you to provide them with the best years of their lives.
Delete1: What has been your "best" decade of life? 1953 - 1963. My first ten years.
ReplyDelete2:What age range is middle age? I think 40 to 60.
3: What do you plan to do while you can? More walks, more pictures and stay healthy.
4: When do we stop saving for old age? I have no idea as I never consciously did that.
5: Is the best yet to come? No. Definitely not but I hope to make the best of things. Who knows - I might only have eight years left if I make it to eighty.
1. probably 1979 through 1989 when I had my 5 children.
ReplyDelete2. 45 - 50
3. walk, laugh, spend time with kids and grandkids
4. I've always been cheap so I don't spend much.
5. No, it's pretty much downhill from now on...