Thursday, September 03, 2026

Thursday Ramble: Blogaversary

 

THANK YOU ALL! 

I hope you enjoy this blog, I truly enjoy writing it, reading your comments and responding. You bring so much to my life. 

Twenty-one years ago today, I published the first post on the Adventures of Travel Penguin. For a couple of weeks I had been guest blogger for Stephen, a friend who lives in London, while he was away on holiday. I enjoyed writing and posting, and decided I would give it a try. At first I didn't tell anyone. The first decade or so was slow, then I started posting more often. I have not missed a day since 2015.

I often ask myself, why do I blog? I do this to share my photographs, and my thoughts. The commitment to posting daily was personal, I wanted to improve my writing. By making a commitment to post everyday, I was committing myself to writing a few pages every week. Writing has become easier; I hope my writing has become better. 

I try to stay positive and upbeat in my postings. There is plenty of anger on blogs, very valid anger. I try to avoid that here. I have strong political views, I am proudly WOKE, but I generally avoid politics here. I hope this is an oasis, a safe space. 

My sincere hope is to continue writing The Adventures of Travel Penguin as long as I have photos to share and something to say. I have well over 120,000 photos in the archive, there is little risk of my running out of photos, and I am still learning to be quiet. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 21 years is a very long time. Your blog is now old enough to drink in any State.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, 21 and many times kissed. Congratulation, with many more posts to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching this impressive milestone. Normally a penguin can only live for around twenty years in the wild but I guess that you are in captivity with your own live-in jailer. I hate to be picky but it's "blogiversary" not "blogaversary" according to the Concise Oxford Dictionary.

    ReplyDelete