Sunday, September 20, 2026

The Sunday Five: Shopping


1: How much of the grocery shopping do you do in your household? 

2: Do you enjoy grocery shopping, or is it a necessary drudge? 

3: Do you shop with or without a list, and why? 

4: Do you take shopping bags with you, or use bags from the store? 

5: How often does your home shop for groceries? 

My answers: 

1: How much of the grocery shopping do you do in your household? We share this, but I probably only do 1/3 of the shopping. 

2: Do you enjoy grocery shopping, or is it a necessary drudge?  Shopping brings out the inner hunter gatherer in me, I enjoy it. 

3: Do you shop with or without a list, and why? I almost never use a list, I don't know what I want, until I see it. 

4: Do you take shopping bags with you, or use bags from the store? There are a dozen reusable bags in the my car, I always take them with me. 

5: How often does your home shop for groceries? About every 5 days. 

Please share your answers in the comments. 

16 comments:

  1. How much of the grocery shopping do you do in your household? All of it!
    Do you enjoy grocery shopping, or is it a necessary drudge? I like it.
    Do you shop with or without a list, and why? Always a list and I stick to it as to not go nuts.

    Do you take shopping bags with you, or use bags from the store? Always use my reuseable bags....can't STAND those plastic bags, and they are bad for the environment.

    5: How often does your home shop for groceries? I buy fresh, so easily three times a week for meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And fresh cakes a couple of times a week?

      Delete
  2. 1: How much of the grocery shopping do you do in your household? Minimal. Maybe 2 percent.
    2: Do you enjoy grocery shopping, or is it a necessary drudge? I used to hate it. Now I enjoy my small forays.
    3: Do you shop with or without a list, and why? For more than 1 or 2 items, I make a list on my iPhone.
    4: Do you take shopping bags with you, or use bags from the store? I usually have a bag with me whenever I’m out.
    5: How often does your home shop for groceries? SG does a big online shop perhaps monthly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the point of #5. We don’t shop daily but at least every other day. Have never adapted to the daily shop like locals.

      Delete
    2. I wish we had better shopping within walking distance, so I could easily shop more often.

      Delete
  3. 1: How much of the grocery shopping do you do in your household? We go together but then he hits the deli while I do the rest.
    2: Do you enjoy grocery shopping, or is it a necessary drudge? I don't mind it at all.
    3: Do you shop with or without a list, and why? List always so I don't forget things or buy things we really don't need.
    4: Do you take shopping bags with you, or use bags from the store? We've been using our own canvas bags for years.
    5: How often does your home shop for groceries? Once a week unless we need something special or have forgotten something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I do about 90% of it. I took it over when Covid hit. I was the one back to the office, so no reason to expose someone else to the outdoors then.
    2. I don't mind it. I can do the full shop in decent time.
    3. Usually no list. Unless I'm tryng to cook something new and need certain things.
    4. Using the same bags for eons. I know some are about to give out.
    5. Usually once per week. Sometimes have to pop in when something vital comes up that I've forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had favorite bags, it is sad when they give out. One of my current faves is starting to fail.

      Delete
  5. 1. Since I live alone, I do it all, baby, I do it all.
    2. I don't mind grocery shopping. As a retired senior, I can go earlier in the day when the store is not busy.
    3. I always shop with a list. For many reasons -- (1) I plan my meals and need specific ingredients, (2) reduces impulse shopping, (3) my memory is not what it used to be, alas.
    4. I bring my own bags. I am well organized in the bag department.
    5. Now that I have the luxury of being a retired senior, I shop for a few items every 2 or 3 days. That way I can always restock fresh items like dairy, produce, and bakery bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seldom plan ahead, I buy what looks good, and then figure out what to do with it.

      Delete
  6. 1: How much of the grocery shopping do you do in your household? 99%
    2: Do you enjoy grocery shopping, or is it a necessary drudge? Sad to say, I quite enjoy it
    3: Do you shop with or without a list, and why? I don't need a list but if my wife asks me for something out of the ordinary I will write it on a "Post It" note that I stick inside my wallet.
    4: Do you take shopping bags with you, or use bags from the store? I always take our own bags with me.
    5: How often does your home shop for groceries? Normally twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always do what you enjoy, nothing to be sad about.

      Delete
  7. 1: How much of the grocery shopping do you do in your household? All of it.
    2: Do you enjoy grocery shopping, or is it a necessary drudge? I used to enjoy it but lately it's a bit of a drudge.
    3: Do you shop with or without a list, and why? Both, it just depends.
    4: Do you take shopping bags with you, or use bags from the store? I keep canvas shopping bags in my car and I use those.
    5: How often does your home shop for groceries? Once or twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right store makes it more fun.

      Delete
  8. 1: How much of the grocery shopping do you do in your household? I90%
    2: Do you enjoy grocery shopping, or is it a necessary drudge? I enjoy grocery shopping
    3: Do you shop with or without a list, and why? Both. If it's a big shop, I need a list; a few things, not necessary. I like to hand write my lists, too, and then cross things off as I go.
    4: Do you take shopping bags with you, or use bags from the store? I take shopping bags with me.
    5: How often does your home shop for groceries? 2 or 3 times/week.

    ReplyDelete