1: How long have you been blogging? (If you don't blog, why not?)
2: How did you learn about blogging?
3: Does your family read your blog?
4: How much time do you spend each week, reading and or writing blogs?
5: What is the best thing about blogs?
My answers:
1: How long have you been blogging? (If you don't blog, why not?) 21 years, this blog is old enough to drink in the US.
2: How did you learn about blogging? Stephen, a friend who lives in London, was blogging and urged me to read his. His original blog is long gone, he now podcasts, and I seldom listen - I don't have the patience to listen that long.
3: Does your family read your blog? They know about it, and will look at a single post, but I don't think they visit regularly.
4: How much time do you spend each week, reading and or writing blogs? Easily 10 hours, an hour or so each day reading posts, plus time to write.
5: What is the best thing about blogs? I get to choose what I want to see, unlike other social media that fills my screen with what they want me to see.
Please share your answers in the comments.
.png)
1. Since 2004. That's 22 years.
ReplyDelete2. I was reading and commenting on one particular blog, and I realised my comments were becoming too long, and so I thought I would start my own.
3. No, not so far as I know. I don't care so much now if they found my blog, but I was paranoid about it in earlier days.
4. I don't really know as I don't sit for too long at the pc, but perhaps more than 10 hours.
5. I love the connections with people, as I learn about their curated lives as they learn about my curated life for public consumption.
The bloggers I have met in person, are very much like what they show on their bog, that was nice to see.
DeleteIn Britain, "bog" is a slang term for a lavatory.
Delete1: How long have you been blogging? (If you don't blog, why not?) Since November 2008.
ReplyDelete2: How did you learn about blogging? David Dust had a blog I read and he convinced me [and I found out later he also convinced Maddie] to give it a shot!
3: Does your family read your blog? Some do. My MAGAt brother would never.
4: How much time do you spend each week, reading and or writing blogs? Between writing and reading and commenting perhaps 10 to 15?? I should clock myself.
5: What is the best thing about blogs? Community.
There is often an interesting string of connections between blog friends.
Delete1. March 2003
ReplyDelete2. My friend David pointed me towards a site: Joe.My.G-d. David thought I could do some writing too.
3. I know they have. Not sure how they found it. But I don't really talk to much of them anymore, so I don't know or care.
4. I have zero idea. I probably should put more effort into my posts.
5. I like that everyone has their own style. There is community. But in reality, it soothes some of my OCD.
I think it helps to have an outlet for the thoughts that are rattling around in our heads.
Delete1: How long have you been blogging? (If you don't blog, why not?) Since October 2010.
ReplyDelete2: How did you learn about blogging? Can’t remember.
3: Does your family read your blog? My mother always did. I have a few cousins who do, but no one else in the extended family (which is a good thing).
4: How much time do you spend each week, reading and or writing blogs? I should figure this out some time. I could spend several hours one day alone.
5: What is the best thing about blogs? Connecting with distant people. Learning about their experiences and their lives. Sharing honestly.
I think most family assume that posting was a one time thing, and don't follow along for the ride.
DeleteMy extended family simply could never be bothered. And that’s always been fine with me.
Delete1: How long have you been blogging? (If you don't blog, why not?) 21 years
ReplyDelete2: How did you learn about blogging? It is so long ago that I can't remember. Before Yorkshire Pudding and before "Blogger" I had a go at creating a blog called "Mingled Yarn" but the technical obstacles put me off.
3: Does your family read your blog? They know about it but I have never pushed it with them. It's like a private thing for me.
4: How much time do you spend each week, reading and or writing blogs? Oh jesus! Now you are talking. Let me just say - far too much time. Many hours. I hate to number them.
5: What is the best thing about blogs? Their individuality - unfiltered by agents or middle men. It's other humans just being themselves and I like that. I can hear their true voices in the wilderness.
I have met some dear friends through blogs.
DeleteHey! I read your blog every day. Of course, I am only family by marriage...
ReplyDeleteOh my, you are my Sweet Bear.
Delete1. Since May 2026 -- not quite drinking age, but close!
ReplyDelete2. I'd heard about it for a while, but my friend Kenneth, who still writes his "Kenneth in the 212" blog (in my bloglist), convinced me to give it a try.
3. My brother occasionally does, and Dave's aunt does. When I first started blogging I was offended that my family didn't take more of an interest!
4. Writing a post can take anywhere from 15-45 minutes, and then I spend 20 minutes or so answering my comments, and I spend at least an hour each afternoon reading other blogs. So roughly two hours a day, I guess?
5. I think it's connecting with people and forming friendships. Some blog pals have become "real life" pals as well.
Hopefully we can have lunch the next time I am in London.
DeleteI'm happy to be a commenter. I enjoy many blogs and keep a long bookmark list that I check each day. I appreciate the time you take to put together your terrific posts! But have no desire to do that work myself. :)
ReplyDeleteIt is a bit of work, but I enjoy it.
Delete1: How long have you been blogging? (If you don't blog, why not?)
ReplyDeleteI started blogging on Opendiary at the end of 1997 when I was going through a very hurtful divorce.
2: How did you learn about blogging?
My son invited me to read his blog that year. He was using the platform to pen short stories. I needed an outlet to vent my emotions where my children couldn't see them so I went to another platform and started blogging there.
3: Does your family read your blog?
Not anymore. There have been a few times when they have, but mostly they aren't interested in listening to my rantings.
4: How much time do you spend each week, reading and or writing blogs?
I'm retired now and don't really have a social life anymore. I spend a good amount of time, but I haven't really clocked it. I waste much more time watching re-runs of reality TV shows.
5: What is the best thing about blogs?
It's a mirror that I constantly hold up to my face and have to decide if I want to be that person or not.
Be creative, and make yourself the person you dream of being.
Delete